|Govt. Statement Policies|
Subscribe Monthly News Letter for latest development & news. Just fill your E-mail Address :
CHAPTER - 7
CLEANER PRODUCTION DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS
C. CLEANER PRODUCTION DEMONSTRATION PROJECTS
Crui Metal Prepare Manual and Experiences Document. Ministry of Economic Affairs. The Netherlands 1991. ISBN 90-346-2565-6
2This manual contains
1. PREPARE Manual (partI) An English version of the Cleaner Production Manual used in the Dutch PRISMA project.
2. Choosing for prevention is winning (Part II: A Summary of overall results and experiences of the Dutch PRISMA project, with among other a detailed outline of the project an overview and comparative evaluation of the company achievements, business experiences with the use of the PREPARE manual, the inventory of barriers and incentives for Cleaner Production and the policy recommendations.
3. Preventative Environmental Protection Strategy: First results of an experiment in Landskrona Sweden (Part IIB) Overview and comparative evaluation of the results and experiences of a CP demonstration project in small and medium sized enterprises in Sweden.
4. Business examples with waste prevention: Ten case studies from the Dutch PRISMA project (Part III) Company by Company summaries of the results and experience of the Dutch PRISMA project. Industry sectors covered are food processing industry (Nestle campina melkunie and Marvelo), metal working industry (B&S and stork), electroplating industry (Heychroom and chromolux) public transport (RET and GVB) and chemical industry (DSM resins).
5. Video Prepare for Tomorrow: An 15 minutes introductory video on Cleaner Production with company examples from the Netherlands, Italy and Sweden.
DESIRE Demonstration in Small Industries for Reducing Waste A Waste Minimisation demonstration project in industrial sectors where 15 Small & Medium units participated in the programme. Publications includes
1) From Waste to profits manual (Genric) : An Engligh version of Waste Minimisation Manual having WM methodology used in DESIRE Project 1993.
2) From Waste to Profits: Guidelines for Waste Minimisation Technical Manual Series
i) Waste Minimisation in Agro-residue based Pulp & paper Industry, National Productivity Council 1995.
ii) Waste Minimisation in Pesticide Formulation Industry: National Productivity Council 1995
iii) Waste Minimisation in Synthetic Textile Industry: National Productivity Council 1995
iv) Video From Waste to Profits: The Indian experience - a 20 minute video on waste minimisation example from selected WM Demo units.
SIMPLE Sri Lanka's Initiative on Managing Pollution with long-term effectiveness A cleaner production project in Sri Lanka with participation from Small & Medium Enterprises and several industrial sectors.
HOPE Hidden opportunities for Productivity & environment: A cleaner Project in Nepal with participation from Small & Medium Enterprises from various industrial sectors, Publications & video under preparation.
SPURT Storstoms Country's Programme for the Dissemination of Cleaner Production: Department of Environment and Energy Storstoms Denmark 1993
Summary of the results and experiences of the SPURT program in nine small to medium sized enterprises in storstrom. The cases cover plastics manufacturing, agriculture, metal working, chemical industry and maintenance.
Cleaner Production demonstration project in the city of Graz with participation from small to medium sized enterprises from various industrial sectors, Publications includes:
1. Rohrer. C ECO-Audit as Basis Zur umwelthezogenen Bewertung von Klein - und Mittelbetrieben. Amt fur Umweltshut/Magistrat Graz 1994 Cleaner Production Manual used in the Okoprofit project
2. Okoprofit 1992. Amt fur Umweltschutz/Magistrat Graz 1992 Results of the first round of okoprofit company demonstration projects in eight small and medium sized enterprises from the printing, car maintenance and food processing industries.
3. Auszeichnung'94 Grazer Okoprofit Betiebe. Amt fur Umweltschutz/Magistrat Graz 1994. Results of the second round of okoprofit company demonstration projects in fourteen small and medium sized enterprises from printing, car maintenance, metal products and food processing industries.